Thursday, October 05, 2006

Coke Zero Sucks Ass


Every food and drink these days needs to boast lower calorie, sugar, trans fat contents. That's all good and all, but does taste have to suffer too? I'm all for healthier things in our kitchens. We as a country are a bunch of lard asses with no self control when it comes to Burker King's quadruple patty bypass burgers. Soda is a big beverage in our country and is probably found in sippy cups of children more often than 100% fruit juices. So we do need some changes.

Coke's one attempt last year (I think) was C2. Half the sugar and calories than the original recipe. It was great. It tasted like Coke and I bought it often. It even tasted great with Captain Morgan. Then a few months later, it was gone. No where to be found in my area. I kind of saw it coming. Sales numbers weren't high so instead of sticking with a product longer than one business quarter, it will get dumped. Well it got dumped for this Coke Zero.

Coke Zero is a low-calorie variation of Coca-Cola Classic sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium (also known as Ace-K). The biggest change is the overall taste. It tastes like cold flat diet coke and leaves an aftertaste in the back of my throat like I just threw up. My wife likes it but she also likes Diet Coke. No amount of rum can cover up the nastiness of Coke Zero.

I want C2 back!

No comments: