Monday, October 09, 2006

Discraft Ace Race 2006

This past weekend I along with 58 other discers participated in a Discraft Ace Race event at Hickory Run. This was a great turnout for the Bearclaws and many thanks to Mike Solt who made it all happen. I had a few close shots that almost hit the basket. My buddy nailed the basket on the first throw of the day, all thanks to a lucky bounce off a tree. There were only two people who actually hit an ace. One person had more basket hits so he walked away with the $300 prize package. Hopefully this will become an annual event for the Bearclaws or maybe get an Ace Race at one of the Lehigh Valley courses and rotate each year.

Anyone who participated in one of the ace races should fill out this survay. You could win further prizes from Discraft.

After the event there was random doubles which I performed horribly. So did my partner. I think I bring everybody down. My buddy who made the trip with me came in third and split $30. Good for him, he was able to pay the tolls on the turnpike.

Next event for the Bearclaws is the Prehibernation Doubles.

No comments: